As women, the way we feel about ourselves is deeply linked with the way we look. Most of the time, our faces are a reflection of our inner beauty so we are wise to pay special attention to it. Make-up is one way to enhance our features and to properly apply make-up, we need quality tools.
Make-up brushes are must-have for every beauty lover who desires a flawless effect. Quality brushes are a good investment and if properly maintained can last for years. Just as a painter who doesn’t have a good brush can’t make the best painting, the same goes for make-up brushes. You look your best when you use the best.
For your everyday use, you don’t necessarily need a lot of brushes to wear your make-up. To guide you, we have put together a list of some essential brushes to help you achieve pretty much any make-up look you desire.
1. Powder Brush: The powder brush is a must-have in your make-up bag. This brush is designed to cover large areas of the face and neck so it’s usually the biggest brush in your set because it should give a more even distribution of the product. It can be slightly rounded with thick bristles or have a straight cut head.
2. Foundation Brush: A flawless face is a base for every make-up; it’s the perfect canvas for your make-up look. Your foundation is the best product to provide that perfect canvas. The foundation brush is used for applying different types of foundation. The quality of this brush is very important as it sets the tone for your make-up look. It has to be firm and have very good bristles. It can be flat, slightly rounded at the tip or it can be a stippling brush.
3. Blush Brush: As the name implies, this brush is designed for applying blush on the cheekbone area. The tip is usually round or angled (can be used for contour, applying bronzer or shimmer to selected areas of the face; forehead, chin, cheeks etc..)It helps create a healthy glowing skin and gives depth to the shapes of the face.
4. Eye-shadow Brush: This is usually a flat or fluffy brush, best used to blend eye-shadow onto the lid sweeping from inside to outside. This brush can be used for a light application or an intense look.
5. Angled Brush: This brush is angular in shape and serves different purposes. It can be used to define your eyebrows with both powder, liquid, cream, wax or gel formulas. It can also be used to highlight your eyebrows. Another important use of the angle brush is that it can be used to apply different formulations of eye-liner to your waterline and your upper lash line.
Brush sanitation: Due to constant use of our make-up brushes, it is compulsory to maintain a high level of hygiene to avoid different skin problems. Once you invest in good quality brushes, you must take care of them by keeping them clean and conditioned. Foundation, eye-shadow and lip brushes should be cleaned using a brush cleanser or home remedy liquid soap and lukewarm water after each use to prevent bacteria spread. Other brushes should be cleaned and sun-dried at least once every week.
So ladies… now that you know better, you can do better.
Shop your quality personal brush set at Zaron Cosmetics and get that flawless look for much less!